Sunday, July 14, 2013

July 13

July 13, 2013

We went out tonight at Cozumel’s last night.  You guessed it, Mexican food.  I got a combo; Jack got a fajita and couldn’t eat it all.  Being the good brother I am, I assisted him.  All had a good time.  Clair’s farewell. As I mentioned before, she couldn’t stand all the excitement.  Houston Natives around the city park were restless until about 10:30.  Not a very good night’s sleep.  Like Clair said, you get what you pay for.

Left around 6:00, headed for Ellington (the Duke).  Lots of hills, if I can describe this.  We were going 3.2 miles per hour and our front wheels were coming off the pavement at times.  I was worried about tipping backwards.  If you don’t believe me, believe me this time.  Missouri is one big hill in the southern part.  The Ozarks are beautiful. Reminds us a lot of Kentucky. Evidently, according to Jerry, Daniel Boone moved to Missouri when Kentucky got too crowded for him and Missouri reminded him of Kentucky.

Got to Eminence our first stop for coffee and pancakes.  Line too long at Ruby’s, so we moved onto Ellington.  Asked people on the street were we could get a cup of coffee and a pancake.  The common answer was “not in this town.”  So we headed to a deli and got samiches.  First turkey samich for me on the entire trip.  And chili for me and Jerry.  Jack got potato.

Then we made an executive decision.  Jack’s gears were out of sync and he needed derailleur work.  Nearest place was in Farmington.  So we loaded up the bikes and moved to Beverly.  I mean to Farmington.  We obviously had to drive.  Mission accomplished.  And had our chains looked at.  Good to go.  Of course, Jerry can’t leave a bike shop without buying something.  Sorry Sue.  Birthday, 2023.

In a city park again tonight.  Hopefully, we will have a better experience than last night.  No showers and no pool tonight.

Today’s mileage, 68 miles.

Jeff, Jerry, Jack, and Sue



No comments:

Post a Comment